Eco-friendly isn’t a ‘hipster’ fad, it’s a lifestyle choice. It’s a choice to not contribute to landfills, or to pollution, or to toxic chemicals in the homes of those you love and care about. Why not give your friends truly meaningful gifts that lessen the harm to our planet and encourage sustainable, healthy living?! It’s a win-win.
I live mindfully and shop eco-friendly products because I’m extremely passionate about leaving my babies the world they deserve; one free of mountains of garbage, not full of toxins, in short a livable planet. I feel like it’s something we should all be able to come together on… we want a place to live! You wouldn’t pour gasoline all over your house and then go around lighting matches just waiting for it all to go up in smoke, would you? Okay. Good, we can agree on that then. Let’s get onto the gift giving…
If you don’t know your way around the natural section of your local grocery store, let alone have the capacity to come up with gift ideas for your favorite tree-hugging environmentalist, look no further. If shopping cruelty-free, non-toxic, made in the USA can send you into a panic, I’m your life line. I’ve listed just a handful of classy, quality ‘crunchy’ gifts you can give this holiday season. (These are affiliate links but they do not affect your shopping experience in any way; the cost is the same either way I’ve just done the searching for you!)
1. Know an eco-friendly baby or parents-to-be? Start them on their crunchy path early with this all natural toy set from Intuitoys, a montessori inspired discovery set made right here in the USA for only $24.95.
2. Give them a fancy way to crush their non-gmo, home grown spices into tea with this Fresco Granite mortar and pestle, $29.99.
3. Since I’ve already shared my diffuser choice here, I thought I’d share a different way to diffuse your essential oils; a waterless diffuser. Here is a gorgeous option that reaches up to 1000 ft, $49.99.
4. If they love cooking but want to save on time the Instant Pot will be a big hit. With its stainless steel structure and the fact it can make yogurt, I’m all in. $147.20.
5. Yoga is great for the body and soul, if your person loves yoga get them a Clever Yoga LiquidBalance mat made with biodegradable tree rubber. It prevents slips and comes with a carrying bag, and with its warranty it’s a great deal, $98.
6. Get a gift that will clear the air and soothe their mood, all while lighting their space. This himalayan salt lamp is affordable and would look great on a desk, bedside table or coffee table. Read more about its uses and benefits here. This one is only $29.99
7. Help your friends and family ditch the toxic non-stick pans for a pre-seasoned cast iron skillet– and cook you some delicious food, $37.17.
8. Build up their essential oil cabinet with organic options from the sustainable company, Poofy Organics. Whether they’re new to essential oils or are building their collection, it’s never too late to start buying quality oils not made with fillers.
9. A sleek glass water bottle free from bpa, lead, plastic and all things toxic, 15.99.
10. If you want to spend big this Christmas any true eco-conscience person wants their water filtered to the max. Fill that pretty water bottle with pure water filtered through a Berkey, $313.49.
11. USA made clothing is a great gift idea because us environmentalist folks know the damage the fashion industry is wreaking on our planet (and contributing to slave laborers). Save them the guilt and keep them fashionable with items from companies like this one that makes clothes here in the USA, $28.50 or this one for 29.99.
13. Since everyone loves drinking out of mason jars, you can also accessorize them with eco-friendly options like stainless steel and glass straws. Jars, $13.99. Glass Straws, $11. Stainless Steel Straws, $7.95. Throw in a sulfite free organic wine and I’d call that a great gift!
Yorkshire Mason Jar Mug, 17.5 oz., 4 Pieces
14. Give the gift of dry brushing, the fun way to detox and get smooth skin with a 100% natural brush, $19.95.100% Natural Boar Bristle Body Brush & Face Brush Set for Dry Brushing, Bath & Shower with Long Handle – Exfoliate Skin, Reduce Cellulite & Improve Circulation – Perfect As a Gift – FREE Bag & How-To
16. Natural wood coasters hand-painted with the moon phases will make any earth-loving friend or family member smile, $27.00.
Find the coasters here at my Etsy shop You + I Handmade Gifts.
This is just a start for you to brainstorm your next gift purchase. I could probably make a list of 100+ products, but these will get your mind working and start you on the right track to finding the perfect gift this holiday season.